All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe withdrawal of young Americans from electoral politics has been as startling as it has been mystifying. Possible explanations for this phemen have focused on increased levels of cynicism and distrust among young voters, the behavior of candidates and campaign consultants, and the importance of institutional barriers to voting. Then came the 2004 election, when nearly 47 percent of eligible 18-to-24-year-olds turned out to vote_an 11 percent increase over 2000 levels. In the wake of this surprising development, Fountain of Youth looks at the tactics and strategies for youth mobilization_from improved civic education to recasting the theme of 'Rock the Vote' to reinvigorating political parties. Indeed, the book includes new and invative research on the role of local political parties in registering and getting young voters to the polls. This volume will be of interest to scholars, teachers, practitioners, pundits-in short, anyone concerned about the future of our democracy.
- Author BiographyDaniel M. Shea is professor of political science and director of the Center for Political Participation at Allegheny College. John C. Green is Distinguished Professor of Political Science and director of the Roy C. Bliss Institute for Applied Politics at the University of Akron.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication27/09/2006
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleCampaigning American Style
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDaniel M. Shea,John C. Green
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.