Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSaints Observed: Studies of Mormon Village Life, 1850-2005 serves as a comprehensive introduction to this second volume, which makes available four of the best Mormon village studies, all previously unpublished. These post-war village studies differ substantially from earlier village studies initiated by Nelson's work and offer in-depth investigations by observers who lived and participated in village life. Together, they capture in rich detail the day-to- day life of mid-century Mormon villagers. Editor Howard Bahr's afterword highlights changes in the four villages across the past half-century, drawing upon recent site visits, interviews, and texts.
- Author BiographyHoward M. Bahr is a professor of sociology at Brigham Young University, where he teaches social theory, the sociology of religion, and ethnic relations. His recent books include Toward More Family-Centered Family Sciences: Love, Sacrifice, and Transcendence (with Kathleen S. Bahr) and The Navajo as Seen by the Franciscans, 1920-1950.
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHoward M. Bahr
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.