All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese plays offer an introduction to the theatre of the late- 18th century in England, France and Germany, as it brings together key texts revolving around the themes of sex and class. The texts of the plays by Sheridan and Goldsmith are based on first editions, while those of the plays by Beaumarchais and Lessing are based on the earliest published translations. Textual tes explain unfamiliar terms and allusions. An introduction locates the plays in their cultural and political context and provides a comparative overview of contemporary theatre.
- Author BiographyDAVID THOMAS is Professor of Theatre Studies at the University of Warwick.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/10/1998
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notenotes, bibliography
- Weight395 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid Thomas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.