Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionSketched together on a deceptively simple frame, this emotionally precise play uses its spare structure to devastating and darkly comic effect. A brother and sister have received word from their parents' caretaker that their elderly parents may be a danger to each other. The brother breaks his routine to join his sister and mother on their weekly lunch date in hopes that together he and his sister can get a clearer picture of the situation. As the mother confronts the indignities of age and the children stare down a mounting list of losses and disappointments, an image of the family emerges that is true to life. Johnson gives readers an unwavering exploration of the ways that the love and kwledge family members have of one ather creates both hurt and comfort.
- Author BiographyJoel Drake Johnson has seen his work produced by Chicago's Econo-Art Theater, Victory Gardens Theater, and Steppenwolf Theatre. Steppenwolf has commissioned him for A Blameless Life, Tranquility Woods, and The First Grade. Johnson wrote and produced three plays with Victory Gardens: Four Places, Before My Eyes, and The End of the Tour, all of which were Jeff-nominated for best new play. He lives in Chicago and New Buffalo, Michigan.
- Author(s)Joel Drake Johnson
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content Note8 b/w images
- Weight222 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.