All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho is Jesus really? Four Gospels seem confusing; why is there t just one story of Jesus? What are the unique portraits of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John? To what kinds of congregations were these New Testament Scriptures addressed? These are only some of the questions that newcomers to the Bible are likely to ask. Is it possible to find these answers and appreciate the Scriptures, and deepen our spirituality without being a Bible scholar? Absolutely! Here is a an easily read, fast paced, Bible study guide built around the distinctive portrait of Jesus in each of the four Gospels. Each chapter begins with a passage relating to a key theme for that particular Gospel, then addresses a series of questions designed to acquaint readers with the important issues in that Gospel, and its audience. A week's worth of daily prayer reflections complete each Gospel's portrait of Jesus. Flexible eugh to fit into a limited or more generous time frame, here is a wonderful way to introduce what is inarguably the greatest book ever written.
- Author BiographyElizabeth E. Platt, who holds a Ph.D. in near eastern languages and civilizations from Harvard University, is professor of Old Testament at the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary. She is an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Author(s)Elizabeth E. Platt
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width212 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.