All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1970 and re-issued by Grub Street for the first time in 1996, the new edition hit the bestseller lists and went on to sell over 20,000 copies and its reappearance was praised by contemporary cookery stars like Nigel Slater, Delia Smith and Simon Hopkinson. Also in that year Margaret Costa was houred at the prestigious Glenfiddich Awards. The book has stood the test of time and indeed many of those writers who praise her also admit that they have taken their inspiration from her wonderful writing. The book is organized according to the seasons, and within each one there are also themed chapters such as Olives, Comforting Breakfasts or Proper Puddings. This is a modern classic which cookery collection should be without.
- Author BiographyMargaret Costa came to prominence by replacing Robert Carrier as the Sunday Times cookery writer, and although this was her only significant book, it's hugely influential and was named by Observer Food Monthly as recently as 2010 as one of the Top 50 Cookbooks of All Time.
- Author(s)Margaret Costa
- PublisherGrub Street
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrub Street
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width185 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Foreword byDelia Smith
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.