All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpecially commissioned for young people, these plays are a great resource for schools, colleges and youth theatres. With contemporary themes and a wide variety of roles, this is a collection which enables young people to engage with serious topics while enjoying all the fun of performance. Introduced by Youth Theatre Director Dale Rooks; The plays: ROCKETFUEL. A forum-theatre play about peer pressure, making responsible choices about drinking and looking after your friends; LOL: LAUGHING OUT LOUD, CRYING INSIDE. This is a play about bullying and bystanding - exploring the complex new world of cyber-bullying and internet trolling; THREE SHOES. A play which explores children working on stage and screen in the past and present, taking in the backstage life of a choirboy at the time of the dissolution of the monasteries, a pantomime babe in Victorian England, and a pair of young film stars in the glare of the media today. It questions the exploitation of children in entertainment; NOAH. A colossal storm is brewing and the great flood is coming. Yet only one man and his family are doing anything to prepare. The rain starts to fall, the Ark's doors close and an extraordinary journey must begin.
- Author BiographyRachel's plays have been performed in the UK and internationally, including in London at the Hampstead Theatre, the Royal Court, the Arcola Theatre, and Polka Theatre, also at Chichester Festival Theatre, the Hazlitt Theatre in Maidstone, Manhattan Theatre Source in New York, Live Girls in Seattle, and Auroville in India. She has a wide range of interests which inform her writing. Projects to date have included original work, adaptations, translations, theatre for young audiences, and dramaturgy of collaborative devised work. A sought-after workshop leader, Rachel shares her time between writing, producing, teaching and arts project management.
- PublisherAurora Metro Publications
- Date of Publication16/06/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurora Metro Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byDale Rooks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.