All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2014 Southwest Book Award from the Border Regional Library Association This long-awaited book is the most detailed and up-to-date account of the complex history of Pueblo Indian land in New Mexico, beginning in the late seventeenth century and continuing to the present day. The authors have scoured documents and legal decisions to trace the rise of the mysterious Pueblo League between 1700 and 1821 as the basis of Pueblo land under Spanish rule. They have also provided a detailed analysis of Pueblo lands after 1821 to determine how the Pueblos and their n-Indian neighbors reacted to the change from Spanish to Mexican and then to US sovereignty. Characterized by success stories of protection of Pueblo land as well as by centuries of encroachment by n-Indians on Pueblo lands and resources, this is a uniquely New Mexican history that also reflects issues of indigeus land tenure that vex contested territories all over the world.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Ebright is the director of the Center for Land Grant Studies, Guadalupita, New Mexico, USA. He is also the author of Land Grants and Lawsuits in Northern New Mexico. Rick Hendricks is the New Mexico State Historian. Richard W. Hughes is an attorney in Santa Fe specializing in Indian law. He is a partner in the Rothstein law firm.
- Author(s)Malcolm Ebright,Richard W. Hughes,Rick Hendricks
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note12 drawing, 6 halftones, 5 maps, 3 tables
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.