All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVibrational spectroscopy techniques, which have traditionally been used to provide n-destructive, rapid, and relevant information on microbial systematics, are useful for classification and identification. In conjunction with advanced chemometrics, infrared spectroscopy enables the biochemical signatures from microbiological structures to be extracted and analysed. In addition, a number of recent studies have shown that Fourier Transform Infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy can help to understand the molecular basis of events, such as the adaptive tolerance responses expressed by bacteria when exposed to stress conditions in the environment, i.e. environments that cells confront in food and during food processing. The proposed Brief will discuss the published experimental techniques, data-processing algorithms, and approaches used in FT-IR spectroscopy to assist in the characterization and identification of microorganisms, to assess the mechanisms of bacterial inactivation by food processing techlogies and antimicrobial compounds, to monitor the spore and membrane properties of foodborne pathogens in changing environments, to detect stress-injured microorganisms in food-related environments, to assess dynamic changes in bacterial populations, and to study bacterial tolerance responses.
- Author(s)Avelino Alvarez-Ordonez,Miguel Prieto
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Food, Health, and Nutrition
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight117 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.