All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing their cache of already published easy-to-read books, Puffin launched their Easy-to-Read program. Favorite stories by such beloved authors as James Marshall, Jean Van Leeuwen, and Harriet Ziefert are certain to attract readers to this series. Though the quality of stories in this series is uneven, some of them are superb. Like most other beginning-to-read series, Puffin Easy-to-Read is divided into reading levels. Level 1 uses sentences with clear and simple words and illustrations that help the reader understand the story line. Level 2 is the springboard for emerging readers: the stories use longer sentences, yet maintain a vocabulary easy eugh for the child to feel comfortable on his or her own. Level 3 offers more challenging sentences and longer stories. Grade 2 - Grade 4.
- Author BiographyJames Marshall wasone of the most prolific and successful author/illustrators of children's books. He was best known for his series on the mischievous exploits of Fox, a debonair, lazy showoff; the uproarious adventures of the two Cut-Ups, Spud and Joe; George and Martha; and the misadventures of the Stupidfamily.He divided his time between an apartment in the Chelsea district of New York and his home in Mansfield Hollow Connecticut.
- Author(s)James Marshall
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitlePuffin Easy-To-Read
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)James Marshall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.