All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn America, we spend over 2.6 trillion dollars on health care each year, yet we rank 37th in the world for health care outcomes. Even more shocking, 50 million Americans don't have any sort of health insurance and ather 80 million are underinsured. These harrowing statistics reflect that, as a nation, we focus more on disease and sickness than on wellness and health, creating a society where many are living sick and dying young. The reality is clear: we suffer from a dysfunctional, have versus have-t health care system where medical miracles are performed for some, while access to care is denied to others. In Fractured, Dr. Epperly draws on his decades of experience as a family physician to identify the systems gaps and disparities and propose a compelling strategy to mend them, with the goal of creating an integrated, accessible, patient-centered approach to health and medicine. The following questions will be tackled: What's wrong with the way we currently view, deliver, and pay for health care in America? What is our history of health care reform? How does our system compare to other nations? What can we do to fix health care w?
- Author BiographyTed Epperly, MD, is a family physician in Boise, Idaho, where he sees patients, teaches family medicine residents, and directs the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho. He is a clinical professor of family and community medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine and is a past president and chairman of the board of the American Academy of Family Physicians, which represents over 103,000 family physicians nationally. Dr. Epperly is the co-chair of the Center on Accountable Care of the Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC), which is comprised of over 1,000 organizations dedicated to transforming the United States health care system around primary care. He has also published over 50 articles and has given over 850 lectures and media interviews nationally and internationally on medical topics and health care reform and its importance.
- Author(s)Ted Epperly MD
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.