All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains proceedings of the International Conference organized by the International Triffin Foundation in September 2000. As a result of a two-day session of intense discussion among experts, this book presents a study programme, a proposal for action, to manage and to regulate international financial relations. The future of the EMU raises numerous questions. The tripolar regime - euro, dollar, yen - which is w emerging, foreshadows a period of cyclical instability. Such an evolution represents a major change in the international monetary system. A glance at the past indicates that such movements cause doubt and disturbances. Prevention of forthcoming crises seems then to be essential. But if this raises a serious challenge, it does t mean that we are faced with a brand new problem. Several visionary ecomists have underlined dangers and opportunities inherent within a shift in any monetary regime. Robert Triffin is one of the leading ecomists on questions concerning the monetary and financial systems. His work, because it does t purport to provide definitive answers, deserves to be re-examined on current uncertainties. The merit of the present work consists in attempting to draw on Triffin's intellectual legacy to deal with current and future problems.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Alexandre Lamfalussy is the former President of the European Monetary Institute. He is currently Professor at the Institut d'etudes europeennes, Universite catholique de Louvain. Bernard Snoy is Director of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in London, where he represents Belgium, Luxembourg and Slovenia. Jerome Wilson is pursuing doctoral research (Institut d'etudes europeennes, Universite catholique de Louvain), focusing on the life and work of Robert Triffin.
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRelations Financieres Internationales/International Financial Relations
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Notegraphs and tables
- Weight380 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byAlexandre Lamfalussy,Bernard Snoy,Jerome Wilson
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.48Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.