All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first of its kind to reflect upon the intense and rapidly growing interest in open geodesic polyaromatic molecules, specifically focusing on their synthesis and reactivity in metal binding reactions. The book broadly covers all aspects related to the fullerene fragment chemistry: current synthetic techniques, description of the available members of this new family (which has grown to more than two dozens members, with ne being available commercially), molecular geometry and trends in the solid state packing, as well as extensions into physical properties and new buckybowl-based molecules and materials. It covers fundamental research related to a new class of hydrocarbons, namely open geodesic polyarenes that map onto the surfaces of fullerenes (and referred to as fullerene fragments or buckybowls.
- Author BiographyMarina A. Petrukhina received her PhD from Moscow State University in 1988 and is a Professor in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Albany. She has published over 120 research papers in scientific journals. In 2006, she received the NSF Career Award, a five-year grant to explore the reactivity and coordination limits of open geodesic polyaromatic hydrocarbons (buckybowls). Lawrence T. Scott received his PhD from Harvard University in 1970 and is a Professor at Boston College, where he occupies the Louise and Jim Vanderslice and Family Chair in Chemistry. He has published more than 200 research papers in scientific journals and currently serves on the editorial advisory boards for Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds and The Journal of Organic Chemistry. In 2011, he received the George A. Olah Award in Hydrocarbon Chemistry from the American Chemical Society.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight756 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byLawrence T. Scott,Marina A. Petrukhina
- Foreword byHarold W. Kroto
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.