All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe architecture of Expressionism marks the starting point of the discipline into the Golden Twenties - also in the urban cityscape of the metropolises of the Rhine-Ruhr region. This volume documents for the first time in a complete overview all the buildings in the region which still exist and shows a completely new perspective on a familiar region - a fascinating rediscovery in terms of sheer volume. Enthusiasm for the Expressionist metropolis, an architecture by complexity, verticality and a sense of drama, embraced the urban landscape of the Rhine-Ruhr region during the 1920s. The Expressionist fragments which have survived to this day bear witness to a determined love of form and a rich and skilful treatment of colour, material and light. The volume documents in contemporary photographs and plans 155 buildings in Bochum, Bottrop, Dortmund, Duisburg, Dusseldorf, Essen, Gelsenkirchen, Hagen, Cologne, Munster, Oberhausen and elsewhere. A detailed index and clearly drawn-up maps complete this reference work.
- Author BiographyChristoph Rauhut is bsased in Berlin, where he works for the German Cultural Heritage Committee. Niels Lehmann is a Zurich-based architect and architectural photographer.
- Author(s)Christoph Rauhut,Niels Lehmann,Paul Kahlfeldt
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width155 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.