All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.35
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.44
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.42
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.20
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.06
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionOn Halloween 1975, Martha Moxley was found brutally murdered outside her home in swanky Greenwich, Connecticut. Twenty-seven years after her death, the State of Connecticut spent some $25 million to convict her friend and neighbor, Michael Skakel, of the murder. At Michael's criminal trial, the State offered physical or forensic evidence, fingerprints or DNA, eyewitness linking Michael to the killing. The trial ignited a media firestorm that transfixed the nation. Now, Skakel's cousin, acclaimed attorney and award-winning writer Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., solves the baffling whodunit and clears his cousin's name. Kennedy, with meticulous research and reporting, proves that Michael Skakel did t and could t have murdered Martha Moxley. He chronicles how Skakel was, nevertheless, railroaded amidst a media frenzy by the devious actions of a crooked cop, a trio of mendacious writers, a treacherous family lawyer nursing a secret grudge, a narcissistic defense attorney obsessed by the spotlight, a craven prosecutor gone rogue, and a parade of perjuring witnesses. These colorful characters leap off the pages like seedy villains in a dime-store crime vel ...but it's all true. Kennedy also shows how he tracked down the likely killers, a pair of ghosts who moved in and out of Greenwich and whose presence was detected by neither police r press during thirty years of costly yet shoddy investigation. Today, those men walk free. This startling expose-an explosive exploration of murder and fame-is the tragic true story of Skakel's conviction that the public has never heard. It is the product of hundreds of interviews with Skakel and those who knew both him and Martha Moxley. Kennedy gives us a real life thriller with twists and turns, and finally answers the forty-year-old question, Who killed Martha Moxley? The book is at once a riveting drama and an impassioned critique of the American media and legal system.
- Author BiographyRobert F. Kennedy, Jr., is a senior attorney for the Natural Resources Defense Council, chief prosecuting attorney for Riverkeeper, and president of Waterkeeper Alliance. He is also a clinical professor and supervising attorney at the Environmental Litigation Clinic at Pace University School of Law. A veteran of stage and screen, Peter Berkrot's career spans four decades, and his voice can be heard on television, radio, video games, and documentaries. He has been nominated for an Audie Award and has received a number of AudioFile Earphones Awards and starred reviews.
- Author(s)Robert F. Kennedy
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Peter Berkrot
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time815
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.