Framing Women: Changing Frames of Representation from the Enlightenment to Postmodernism by De Gruyter (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $187.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions of scholars from Europe and North America, this book covers the representation of women in word and image in the context of changing frames of mentalities in two distinct periods - the Enlightenment and postmodernism. Subjects and artists/authors covered include prostitution, English and French art (Hogarth, Reylds, Beardsley, Greuze), postmodern feminist theatre, recent fiction by Cormac McCarthy, Margaret Atwood and Spanish literature. Special chapters deal with the construction of women in recent popular animated cartoons and computer games.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationTubingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMax Niemeyer Verlag GmbH & Co KG
- Content Note54 Illustrations
- Weight583 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBirgit Pretzsch,Peter Wagner,Sandra Carroll
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.