All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEncompassing more than twenty-five paintings that Francis Bacon made in London and Paris during the last two decades of his life, this book serves as a companion to the 2015 exhibition at Gagosian Gallery, New York, and is the first in-depth exploration of the invations of the artist's late work. In his late paintings, Francis Bacon refined themes that had long obsessed him. He quoted reflexively from his oeuvre, reworking subjects to strip them to the bare essentials. This stunning new book features over 150 colour illustrations of the artist's work and related materials, including reproductions of ephemera from Bacon's Hugh Lane studio.
- Author BiographyRichard Calvocoressi is the former curator at the Tate Gallery, London, as well as the former director of the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and of the Henry Moore Foundation. He has curated multiple exhibitions on Francis Bacon's work. A former curator at the Tate Gallery, London and the first director of Tate Liverpool, Richard Francis curated the largest ever Francis Bacon retrospective in 1985 at the Tate Gallery. Mark Stevens is a Pulitzer Prize-winning writer. He is currently working on a biography of Francis Bacon with Annalyn Swan. Colm Toibin is an award-winning poet, essayist, and novelist. He is the Irene and Sidney B. Silverman Professor of the Humanities at Columbia University, New York. The author of the forthcoming Francis Bacon catalogue raisonne, Martin Harrison has published extensively on Bacon's work.
- Author(s)Richard Calvocoressi,Richard Francis
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note155 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight1588 g
- Width241 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.