All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $19.72
About this product
- DescriptionFrancis Scott Key was a very busy man. He and his wife had 11 children. He was a lawyer and many people came to him for advice. But whenever he had a moment, he would jot down a line of poetry. He loved writing poems. When the War of 1812 broke out, Francis became even busier. He was well-respected and often called upon to help keep the peace as the war between the United States and England raged on. One fateful night Francis and his friend helped talk the British Navy into releasing a prisoner of war. But they couldn't return home just yet because the Battle of Fort McHenry was starting! If the British captured the fort, America might very well lose its independence. Francis and his friends could only sit on a boat and observe the battle. For 25 hours they watched in awe. What Francis saw inspired him to write a poem that would become America's national anthem! This Step 3 reader is perfect for children who are ready to read independently.
- Author BiographyMONICA KULLING has published many books for children including picture books, poetry, and biographies including a number of Step into Reading titles.
- Author(s)Monica Kulling
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleStep Into Reading - Level 3 - Quality
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Walz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.