All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the second book in the Francis Series, Francis is confronted by angry villagers who are tired of being terrorized by a wolf. Some of the men want to find the wolf and hurt him. Francis asks them to let him talk to the wolf first. So Francis goes into the countryside to meet the very hungry, very angry wolf. Will Francis be able to help the villagers make peace with the wolf? In this story, Francis demonstrates the importance of listening to others and how to problem solve when there are conflicts.
- Author BiographyCandice Chaloupka is a wife, mother of three and a member of the Secular Franciscan Order. A retired mental health counselor, Candice now home schools her two youngest children and writes in her spare time. Inspired by the stories of St. Francis of Assisi, Candice wrote her first children's book, Francis and Leo (first in the Francis Series) which shares the lessons of St. Francis of Assisi and asks us to examine what we can do to live the Gospels. Illustrated by Brianna Long, the black and white, hand-illustrated stories about St. Francis are a starting point for talking about how to live like Jesus taught! Candice has published a number of articles in magazines, newsletters, newspapers, as well as on the internet. Francis and Leo is the first book in the Francis Series, published in 2011, followed by Francis and the Wolf (2012). Francis and the Birds releases October 2012. Candice's first book, St. Mary's: Finest Church West of the Mississippi was published in 2010. Her poetry was published in Dubuque Area Writers Guild: Gallery 2012 Anthology. Candice is also the author of the blog Living a Gospel Life (http: //livingagospellife.com/). Follow Candice Chaloupka on the web at www.facebook.com/francisseries and www.thefrancisseries.com.
- Author(s)Candice Chaloupka
- PublisherBhc Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBhc Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Brianna Long
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.