All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrank Lloyd Wright : The Early Years : Progressivism : Aesthetics : Cities examines Wright's belief that all aspects of human life must embrace and celebrate an aesthetic experience that would thereby lead to necessary social reforms. Inherent in the theory was a belief that reform of nineteenth-century gluttony should include a contemporary interpretation of its material presence, its bulk and space, its architectural landscape. This book analyzes Wright's invative, profound theory of architecture that drew upon geometry and tions of pure design and the indigeus as put into practice. It outlines the design methodology that he applied to domestic and n-domestic buildings and presents reasons for the recognition of two Wright Styles and a Wright School. The book also studies how his design method was applied to city planning and implications of historical and theoretical contexts of the period that surely influenced all of Wright's community and city planning.
- Author BiographyDonald Leslie Johnson taught at Flinders University in Adelaide, South Australia, from 1972 until retirement in 1988. He has been an adjunct professor of architectural history at the University of South Australia for twenty years. Previously, he practiced architecture in Seattle, Philadelphia, and Tucson and taught theory and design at Arizona, Washington State, and Adelaide universities. He has written extensively about the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright, Walter Burley Griffin and Canberra, Australian architectural history, and American and Australian city planning history. He was in Lois I. Kahn's masters class of 1960-61 at the University of Pennsylvania. Johnson was a member of the American Institute of Architects and is an Honorary Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects.
- Author(s)Donald Leslie Johnson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note56 black & white halftones, 50 black & white line drawings
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.