Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $87.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach volume in the American Presidents Reference Series is organized around an individual presidency and gathers a host of biographical, analytical, and primary source historical material that will analyze the presidency and bring the president, his administration, and his times to life. The series focuses on key moments in U.S. political history as seen through the eyes of the most influential presidents to take the oath of office. Unique headtes provide the context to data, tables and excerpted primary source documents. Franklin Dela Roosevelt was born in 1882. He was elected to the New York State Senate in 1910. President Woodrow Wilson appointed him Assistant Secretary of the Navy, the same position his distant cousin Theodore Roosevelt held. He was minated as the vice presidential candidate on the James Cox ticket in 1920, but lost overwhelmingly to Warren Harding. In 1921 he was stricken with polio, which left him severely crippled. Not deterred by his handicap he campaigned and was elected goverr of New York. He became the leading Democratic candidate for the presidential election of 1932 and handily defeated Herbert Hoover. Roosevelt worked to end the depression through far-reaching federal programs that became kwn as the New Deal. In 1939 Germany invaded Poland and started the Second World War. Roosevelt brought the U.S. into the war following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. After an unprecedented third reelection, with Harry S. Truman as his vice president, Roosevelt began preparing the nation and the world for the post-war realities. On April 12, 1945, t long before the unconditional surrenders of Germany and Japan, Roosevelt died. This new volume on the presidency of Franklin Dela Roosevelt will cover: The Great Depression and The New Deal; The Supreme Court; World War II; and, Global Politics.
- Author BiographyRobert S. McElvaine is Elizabeth Chisholm Professor of Arts and Letters and chair of the Department of History at Millsaps College. He is the autor of eight books, including The Great Depression: America, 1929-1941 and Eve's Seed: Biology, the Sexes, and the Course of History. His articles appear frequently in such publications as the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Wall Street Journal.
- Author(s)Robert S. McElvaine
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/09/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleAmerican Presidents Reference S.
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content Notetimeline, bibliography, index
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement1st Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.