All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFranklin Dela Roosevelt's enduring legacy upon the history, culture, politics, and ecomics of the United States is introduced to children in this engaging activity book. Kids will learn how FDR, a member of one of the founding families of the New World, led the nation through the darkest days of the Great Depression and World War II as 32nd U.S. President. This book examines the Roosevelt family--including famous cousin Teddy Roosevelt and First Lady Elear Roosevelt--as well as FDR's early political career and subsequent 12 years in office during some of the most fascinating and turbulent times in American history. Interspersed throughout are first-hand accounts from the people who knew FDR and remember him well. Children will also learn how his personal struggles with polio and his physical disability strengthened FDR's compassion and resolve. In addition, kids will explore Roosevelt's entire era through such hands-on activities as staging a fireside chat, designing a WPA-style mural, sending a double encoded message, hosting a swing dance party, and participating in a political debate.
- Author BiographyRichard Panchyk is the author of Archaeology for Kids and the coauthor of Engineering the City. Both of his grandfathers and three of his great-uncles were soldiers in World War II. He lives on Long Island in New York.
- Author(s)Richard Panchyk
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteb/w & colour photos
- Weight548 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.