All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFranz Kafka: The Ghosts in the Machine adds an original critical framework to the work begun by Stanley Corngold and Ben Wagner in their monumental collection Franz Kafka: The Office Writings (2008). It is widely ackwledged that Kafka s daytime occupation as a specialist in industrial accident insurance contributed in a significant way to his fiction. Corngold and Wagner frame Kafka s writings as cultural events, each work reflecting the ecomic and cultural discourses of his epoch. In pursuing Kafka s avowed interest in the theory and practice of insurance, the authors view the two systems of his literary worlds the official and the personal as a bundling together of the various cultural accidents of Kafka s time. The work of two of the leading scholars of the single most influential writer of literary modernity, Franz Kafka: The Ghosts in the Machine constitutes a breathtakingly original advance in the study of both the more famous and less well-kwn works of this enigmatic master.
- Author BiographyStanley Corngold is Professor Emeritus of German and Comparative Literature at Princeton University and the author of numerous books on Kafka as well as the editor of the Norton Critical Edition of Kafka s stories. Benno Wagner is Associate Professor of Literary Theory and German Literature, University of Siegen, Siegen, Germany. He is the co-editor of the German Critical Edition of Kafka s Amtliche Schriften (Office Writings) and has published widely on many aspects of Kafka s work.
- Author(s)Benno Wagner,Stanley Corngold
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.