All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Fraud Examiners in White-Collar Crime Investigations, Petter Gottschalk examines and evaluates the investigative processes used to combat white-collar crime. He also presents a general theory regarding the ecomic, organizational, and behavioral dimensions of its perpetrators. Pool Your Resources for a Successful Investigation Gottschalk emphasizes the importance of collaboration across multiple disciplines including accounting, law, and forensic science in solving each case of suspected white-collar crime. He describes each case as a puzzle or project consisting of several steps and several participating individuals or organizations. Since so many people participate in an investigation, Gottschalk advises that objectively acquired and communicated information is vital to successful results. Fraud Examiners in White-Collar Crime Investigations approaches case studies from the perspectives of police science and detective work rather than auditing and legal thinking. Gottschalk asserts that the private detective rather than the firm lawyer is the more potentially successful fraud examiner. His approach emphasizes the importance of using strategy and practice in yielding results toward solving a case and highlights the use of interviews. He looks at the role of people as significant resources of information to help solve white-collar criminal cases and explains how a well-conducted interview can have a significant impact on the progress of an investigation. Through the analyses theories Gottschalk presents, this book gives you a useful tool for understanding characteristics of white-collar crime and for devising strategies for conducting and evaluating investigations of suspected white-collar crimes.
- Author BiographyPetter Gottschalk is a professor in the Department of Leadership and Organization at BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo, Norway. He was educated in Germany, the United States and the United Kingdom. Dr. Gottschalk has been managing director of several companies including ABB Datacables. He has published extensively on knowledge management, investigations, law enforcement, white-collar crime and defense lawyers.
- Author(s)Petter Gottschalk
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.