About this product
- Description[...]when you were so much surprised at what you called, in politest German, my colossally good English. From her I kw that people in England do t buy their son-in-law's carpets and saucepans, but confine their helpfulness to suggesting Maple. It is the husband, they think, who should, like the storks of the Fatherland, prepare and beautify the nest for the wife. If the girl has money, so much the better; but if she has t, said my mother, it doesn't put an absolute stop to her marrying. Here, it does; and I belong here. My mother had some money, or my father would never have let himself[...].
- Author(s)Elizabeth Von Arnim
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date27/10/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.