All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you do the day after the world turns inside out? When people start gaining pararmal abilities once limited to the province of comic books the world reels. Forced into a camp for their own protection several victims of the Event strive to survive and find a new rmal. Can they turn a once abandoned military base into a thriving city of the future in just three months? The camp's commandant wants them to fail and he's t the only one. A small core group of determined individuals refuse to let anyone get in their way. The lives of too many people depend on them. Freak City is the first book in a new series of books that will depict a rich universe containing invative twists on superheroes, aliens, lost societies, hidden communities, immortal power brokers, political conspiracies; even vampires, dragons and other creatures of myth and legend. This first book covers three months in the lives of a group of people whose lives are disrupted when they are gifted or cursed by powers and abilities once limited to the province of comic books and speculative fiction. When they are forced to voluntarily go to a camp created by the US government to train them in the effective and proper use of those powers and to protect them from a nation of rmal people terrified of what they've become and are w capable of doing, they are presented with the choice between being victims and finding a way to reclaim as much of their lives as possible. When they opt to use their powers and talents to turn a marginally livable Army base into a thriving city of the future, they are opposed within and without. With the future of all people like them, at least in the US, could depend on what they do, will they succeed or fail? One year will make all the difference and change the world forever. Freak City and the books that will follow it are soft science fiction with a Christian world view. While t designed primarily as an evangelical tool, the writer's beliefs are unabashedly depicted in the lives of several characters; including the belief that God does indeed exist and is personally and directly involved in actively guiding the lives of those willing to let Him lead them. Further, that God made His love of His creation manifest in the body of Jesus Christ, His Son, who came to Earth to present Himself as a sacrifice and die for all mankind. Having died once for all, Christ was raised again and w sits at the right hand of God in anticipation of the day when every man, woman, child and nation will bow at His feet and declare his glory.
- Author BiographyCT Whitley is a California native and graduate of Point Loma College, now Point Loma Nazarene University. Currently residing in Anaheim, CA, he has been writing for four decades and has seen some success in small press while honing and developing his talents. A dedicated Christian, he believes that God's timing is perfect and has placed his gifts under God's control. Freak City is his first professionally published work and the first in a series of twelve books, presented in four trilogies, covering a single year.
- Author(s)C T Whitley
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.