All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $17.64
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $20.33
About this product
- DescriptionFor Miriam Fisher, a budding poet who reads the Oxford English Dictionary for fun, seventh grade is a year etched in her memory clear as pain. That's the year her older sister, Deborah, once her best buddy and fellow alien, bloomed like a beautiful flower and joined the high school in-crowd. That's the year high school senior Artie Rosenberg, the hottest guy in the drama club and, Miriam thinks, her soul mate, comes to live with Miriam's family. And that's the year the popular watermelon girls turn up the heat in their cruel harassment of Miriam--ripping her life wide open in shocking, unexpected ways. Teased and taunted in school, Miriam is pushed toward breaking, until, in a gripping climax, she finds the inner strength to prove she's a force to be reckoned with.This riveting first vel introduces readers to an unforgettable heroine, an outsider who dares to confront the rigid conformity of junior high, and in the process manages t only to save herself but to inspire and transform others.
- Author BiographyMARCELLA PIXLEY teaches eighth-grade language arts. Her poetry has been published in literary journals such as Prairie Schooner, and she has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize. She lives in Westford, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Marcella Pixley
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Weight150 g
- Width141 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.