Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by elczek
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this poignant memoir, poet-velist Freya Manfred recounts the artistic life and death of her father, the prolific and highly regarded author Frederick Manfred. Using family letters and passages from her father's vels as well as her own memoirs, she explores their powerful personal and literary relationship, which spanned nearly five decades. Freya manfred described what it meant to be the daughter of a strong-willed man who was dedicated, sometimes at great cost, to a creative life. Her story starts with the tender power and beauty of his funeral in 1994, then moves back to a clear-eyed and often humorous depiction of their home life, which was shaped by her father's insistence on the quiet and solitude necessary for his writing. She remembers the shift in their relationship as her literary career blossomed and he added the roles of mentor and friend. Finally, she shares frank and loving detail of her family's struggle to help her father die well.
- Author BiographyFreya Manfred
- Author(s)Freya Manfred
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleMidwest Reflections
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight270 g
- Width215 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.