Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $11.61Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $18.60Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.07
About this product
- DescriptionCasey Han's four years at Princeton gave her many things, But job and a number of bad habits. Casey's parents, who live in Queens, are Korean immigrants working in a dry cleaner, desperately trying to hold on to their culture and their identity. Their daughter, on the other hand, has entered into rarified American society via scholarships. But after graduation, Casey sees the reality of having expensive habits without the means to sustain them. As she navigates Manhattan, we see her life and the lives around her, culminating in a portrait of New York City and its world of haves and have-ts. Free Food for Millionaires offers up a fresh exploration of the complex layers we inhabit both in society and within ourselves. Inspired by nineteenth-century vels such as Vanity Fair and Middlemarch, Min Jin Lee examines maintaining one's identity within changing communities in what is her remarkably assured debut.
- Author BiographyMin Jin Lee went to Yale College where she was awarded both the Henry Wright Prize for Nonfiction and the James Ashmun Veech Prize for Fiction. She then attended Georgetown Law School and worked as a lawyer for several years before leaving to write full time.She has received the New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship for Fiction, the Peden Prize for Best Story from the Missouri Review, and the Narrative Prize for New and Emerging Writer. Her work has also been featured on NPR's Selected Shorts and anthologized in To Be Real and Breeder. She lives in New York City with her husband and son. In addition to narrating audiobooks, Shelly Frasier has appeared in many independent film and theater projects in Arizona and southern California and has developed character voices for animation projects and voiceover work for commercials. She trained at the Groundlings Improv School in Hollywood and South Coast Reperatory's Professional Conservatory in Costa Mesa, California. She has performed at theaters throughout North Hollywood and Orange County. Recent performances include Blue Window, The Battle of Bull Run Always Makes Me Cry, The Haunting of Hill House, and a British farcical version of A Christmas Carol. She resides in Hollywood.
- Author(s)Min Jin Lee
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight206 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Narrator(s)Shelly Frasier
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1230
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.