All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Collins rose to his feet. In repose his eyes glimmer softly and with humour. When aroused they narrow - hard, intense and relentless. He speaks like this. One or two words. Then he pauses to think. His speech does t flow in a stream as it does in the case of Eamon de Valera. Yet from t one word is firmness absent. This work provides eye-witness accounts by two reporters from the Irish Independent newspaper of the historic Treaty debates of Dail Eireann, held in University College Dublin's Earlsfort Terrace building in December 1921 and January 1922. Eamon de Valera, Michael Collins, Arthur Griffith and a host of other participants come to life. The colourful descriptions of the scene and of the reactions to speeches, written while the debates were in progress, are far more revealing than the published record of the debates.
- Author(s)John F. Boyle,Padraig de Burca
- PublisherUniversity College Dublin Press
- Date of Publication20/09/2002
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleClassics of Irish History S.
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintUniversity College Dublin Press
- Weight127 g
- Width120 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementFacsimile of 1922 ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.