All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFree at last! Hopeful African Americans began the long journey to build their lives from scratch as U.S. law declared all slaves free in 1865. But many whites fought bitterly against change. Signs above water fountains, restrooms, and other public places clearly separated WHITES from COLOREDS, while the Ku Klux Klan terrorized the night. Leaders like Booker T. Washington, W.E.B. Du Bois, A. Philip Randolph, and Martin Luther King, Jr. stood up to the ugly reality of racism in America. Laws and hearts slowly changed to make the American Dream a possibility for all of its citizens. Today, the United States celebrates the rich history, music, and art of the black community. But with holdovers of hatred, pride, and prejudice, has the country achieved true equality?
- Author(s)Claire O'Neal
- PublisherPurple Toad Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleFootsteps to Freedom
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPurple Toad Publishing
- Out-of-print date28/07/2016
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.