All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince its creation over 40 years ago, London's Freedom Pass concessionary travel scheme has continued to grow in popularity and there are w over 1 million registered holders. Whether a fruit picker or forager, a rambler or angler, or simply someone who enjoys the quirky charm of a local pub, Bradt's new Freedom Pass is the perfect read to help you get the most out of your Pass. Featuring 25 walks and days-out for Freedom Pass holders, the guide covers an area up to 25 miles from central London, all easily accessible by train, tube or bus. The authors, Mike Pentelow and Peter Arkell, are keen ramblers who can count walking the entire length of the Thames amongst their many adventures. Long time London residents, they are both members of numerous local organisations and societies.
- Author BiographyMike Pentelow was editor of Landworker (the newspaper of rural workers) for ten years and is currently editor of Fitzrovia News (London's oldest community newspaper, to which he has contributed for 40 years), giving him a feel for both town and country. An author and journalist for 50 years, his previous books are Characters of Fitzrovia, Norfolk Red and A Pub Crawl Through History. He is a keen rambler having walked the entire length of the River Thames and many other waterways. Mike is a member of The Ramblers, the Woodland Trust, the Campaign for Real Ale, the Inn Sign Society, Camden History Society, Socialist History Society, St Marylebone Society, and Society of Authors. He has lived in London for over 43 years. Peter Arkell has been a photographer since 1970, covering news, social issues, the environment, and sport. He co-wrote Unfinished Business, The Miners' Strike for Jobs, 1984-5 and took the photographs for A Pub Crawl Through History, about commoners who have had pubs named after them. A keen rambler (with Mike and others) he has walked the Thames Path, the South West Coastal Path, the Isle of Wight Coastal Path and Peddars Way/Norfolk Coast Path. He has lived in London for 45 years and currently produces photo features and writes reviews for A World to Win.
- Author(s)Mike Pentelow,Peter Arkell
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Bradt on Britain)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.