All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Henry swims better than anyone I kw.He crawls like a catfish, blows bubbles like a swamp monster, but he doesn't swim in the town pool with me.He's t allowed.Joe and John Henry are a lot alike. They both like shooting marbles, they both want to be firemen, and they both love to swim. But there's one important way they're different: Joe is white and John Henry is black, and in the South in 1964, that means John Henry isn't allowed to do everything his best friend is. Then a law is passed that forbids segregation and opens the town pool to everyone. Joe and John Henry are so excited they race each other there...only to discover that it takes more than a new law to change people's hearts.
- Author(s)Deborah Wiles
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight318 g
- Width226 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jerome Lagarrigue
- Format DetailsPicture book,Library binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.