Freedom and Purpose: An Introduction to Christian Ethics by Robert Gascoigne (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by thecoop_au
- Est. delivery by 2 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFreedom and Purpose is a contemporary introduction to Christian ethics in the Roman Catholic tradition. It sets the scene for Christian ethics within contemporary pluralist societies, considering the key philosophical theories of ethics and the meaning and value of natural law in terms of the meaningfulness of cross-cultural ethical dialogue. Christian ethics is presented as a distinctive contribution to a universally human task, grounded in the love of God revealed in Christ and deriving its distinct contours and motivation from the shape of Christian revelation. After considering these foundational issues, Freedom and Purpose shapes its discussion of Christian ethics around three key questions: --What Sort of Person should I Be?, a question that provokes a study of freedom, responsibility; and conscience and an engagement with the universal reality of sin;; --What is the Good?, focusing on the goodness of creation, especially the unique value of human; dignity, understood in the light of Biblical perspectives, and its expression through a concern for; human rights and the common good;; --What Should I Do?, leading to a discussion of the contemporary meaning of moral rms, the; nature of a Christian process of moral reasoning and the role of the Church's teaching authority; in Catholic ethical reasoning and practice. ; Each chapter of Freedom and Purpose ends with a summary and questions for discussion/study exercises.
- Author BiographyRobert Gascoigne, who holds a Ph.D. from Oxford University and a Doctorate of Theology from Melbourne College of Divinity, is associate professor, Sub-Faculty of Philosophy and Theology at Australian Catholic University, Strathfield, Australia.
- Author(s)Robert Gascoigne
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Weight386 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.