All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat it is that we love so much about food in a French brasserie? Is it the delicious, time-houred dishes cooked to perfection? Or the fresh, local ingredients and regional recipes? Or is it that most of these recipes started life in the home? Perhaps this is why they have such a special place in our hearts. In French Brasserie Cookbook, top chef Daniel Galmiche brings us a superb collection of 100 classic brasserie recipes with a modern Mediterranean twist. A committed champion of French food and cookery, and someone who is passionate about making home cooking approachable, Daniel gives us irresistible recipes for starters, mains, side dishes and desserts - all based on the classic principles that characterise brasserie cooking: regional recipes, local ingredients and homely, comforting flavours. Try his aromatic Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Lavender, for example, the delicious Grilled Fillet of Sea Bass with Caramelised Lemon & Basil Oil or the wonderful Wild Mushroom & Herb Risotto, followed by a mouth-watering Raspberry Clafoutis, Tarte Tatin with Rosemary & Toasted Almonds or Orange Souffle Pancakes.Vibrant with the mesmerisingly diverse tastes and aromas of France, this brilliant book shows you how to create fresh, contemporary French flavours in your own kitchen.
- Author BiographyDaniel Galmiche has gained or retained prestigious Michelin stars at four of Britain's top restaurants. 'The king of contemporary French cooking', he trained under the tutelage of Michel Roux and regularly appears on TV including Saturday Kitchen with James Martin, Home Cooking with Rachel Allen and the Good Food Channel's Market Kitchen. Daniel, of The Vineyard in Stockcross, Berkshire, has recently been awarded the Relais & Chateaux Rising Chef Trophy 2011 award. And he has also been chosen as the face of Panasonic's new microwave/convection/grill oven.
- Author(s)Daniel Galmiche
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width196 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.98
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.66
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $27.26
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.23
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.