All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCul de Canard (Duck's Rump), Farefelue (The Crazy One), Plantureuse (Buxom Gal), Peute (The Ugly One) - the names are deliciously French but one would make a terrible mistake to think that only French trout like these French fishing flies. Design , said Datus Proper, is why this book has as much to do with the Henry's Fork as with the Risle . French Fishing Flies might shock serious American and British fly fishers, but at least one of the flies it introduced more than twenty-five years ago, the Cul de Canard, has long since become a true staple in fly boxes around the world. Others will surely follow. This fascinating book is bound to be of great interest to fly fishers everywhere.
- Author BiographyDr. Jean-Paul Pequegnot is the most highly respected fly-fishing author in France today. He has finished for trout, grayling, Atlantic and Pacific salmon, and steelhead in many countries on both sides of the Atlantic; his books reflect his wide experience. A successful doctor in Besancon, France, he manages to find time not only for his fishing and writing but also for fly tying and bamboo-rod making. Robert A. Chino is a Chicago boy who went to Europe with the Japanese-American combat team during World War II and stayed on, learning fly fishing from such French masters as Colonel Vavon, Maurice Bousquet, Burnand, and Charles Ritz. His articles and letters have appeared in Fly Fisherman, Fly Typers' Rod, Fly Tyer, and Gordon's Quill. The late Datus Proper, who introduces this book, was the author of the path-breaking What the Trout Said, one of the most interesting and challenging books on fly-pattern design. He was a career American Foreign Service Officer.
- Author(s)Jean Paul Pequegnot
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note25 colour and 50 b&w illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.