French Girl Knits: Innovative Techniques, Romantic Details, and Feminine Designs by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.81+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.14+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKristeen Griffin-Grimes, kwn in the knit and crochet community for her pattern company, French Girl, utilizes inventive combinations of texture, color, and stitch patterns in her fashion-forward, seamless design work featured in her new book, French Girl Knits. French Girl Knits includes: Classy, feminine designs fashioned in luxurious yarns that achieve suberb figure-flattering fit with seamless construction-the need for sewing has been eliminated with Kristeen's one-piece designs. Four thematic vignettes inspired by French daily life, film, and history: Enfant Sauvage (Wild Child), la Boutique Parisienne (A Vintage Dress Shop in Paris), Dans La Rue (Street Wear), and Creatrice (Creative Woman). A design workshop featuring in-depth tutorials that teach seamless construction methods featured in French Girl Knits, providing valuable technical information for both beginning and seasoned knitters. You ll learn how to design in a more organic way, either from the top down, from the hem up, from the back out, and by picking up live stitches when possible. All of the designs featured in French Girl Knits are body conscious and figure flattering. Many designs include curve-friendly waist shaping, empire-waist detailing, and stitch details that emphasize the feminine form. Inspired by historical costume, Kristeen uses unique detailing such as lacing, openwork, lace edgings, and bell sleeves to further highlight the woman's silhouette. French Girl Knits invites you to be immersed in a world filled with imagination and creativity, using knitting as a vehicle for self-express and encouraging experimentation through your medium.
- Author BiographySeattle designer Kristeen Griffin-Grimes launched her French Girl pattern line in early 2005. Her patterns are currently carried in 125 yarn stores in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom and on websites such as Jimmy Beans Wool, The Knitting Garden, and Dream Weaver Yarns. The French Girl label was inspired by Kristeen's mother, a jazz vocalist of New Orleans Cajun descent (the original French Girl ) and a ten-year love affair with France. She leads annual knitting workshops and cuisine and wine tours in France every spring and fall. www.frenchgirlknits.com.
- Author(s)Kristeen Griffin-Grimes
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.