All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe First Empire is responsible for giving us the most lasting picture we have of the Hussars. This volume deals with the Hussars (from the 9th to the 14th Regiment) for the period 1804-1812. There is a chapter given over to the 1812 Regulations which fixed the broad outlines and the 6 regiments are analyzed, together with the uniforms worn between 1812 and 1818. AndreJouineau, figurines maker and collector, works with Histoire & Collections for more than 16 years. His uniforms plates, which have been fully carried out using data processing, have made him a pioneer in this field. He is the illustrator of the magazine Figurines and books such as Jena-Auerstaedt or Les Chasseurs d'Afrique. Jean-Marie Mongin, previous chief editor of Uniformes and Tradition Magazine, puts all his kwledge in military history writing these drawing texts and captions. Both are also authors of French Hussars (Vol. 1 and 2), American Civil War (Vol. 1 and 2), and French Imperial Guard (Vol. 1, 2, 3 and 4) stemming from the same series. Unifom lovers, history and strategy fanatics as well as figurines makers.
- Author BiographySince the seventies, Andre Jouineau has dedicated himself to studies in history and uniforms. Regular contributor to various magazines, he was appointed official painter of the Army in 1985 (title kept until 1994). Then, in the mid-nineties, he tackled computer illustration, which allowed creating a new uniformology genus.
- Author(s)Andre Jouineau,Jean-Marie Mongin
- PublisherHistoire & Collections
- Date of Publication25/10/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOfficers & Soldiers
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintHistoire & Collections
- Content Notefull color throughout
- Weight354 g
- Width241 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.