About this product
- DescriptionBring the simple elegance of French cooking into your home with this beautifully produced cookbook from the internationally rewned chef, Serge Dansereau. Featuring 230 classic French recipes, French Kitchen takes the sophistication and lavour of French cooking and delivers it straight to your kitchen. Serge combines expert French techniques with wonderfully fresh produce and the best ingredients to show you how to create delicious meals every time. Whether you're looking for tips on how to create the perfect cassoulet, or hunting for that last missing ingredient in your clafoutis, the author shares his award-winning culinary kw-how to help you turn a good dish into a great one. This indispensable book features chef's tes, tips for getting the best out of your cooking and helpful suggestions for seasonal variations to give flexibility in the kitchen all year round - so you'll never be at a loss for what to cook. Serge gives you the confidence to substitute an ingredient here or there, so you can turn a summer dish into a winter one, or adapt it to what you've already got in the cupboard. There are even sections on cooking for kids (designed to delight even the fussiest of appetites) and useful meal suggestions for all occasions. Taking you through all meal times, French Kitchen has a recipe to suit any time of the day. Whether it's a buttery brioche breakfast, a warming onion soup for lunch or chicken confit with mushrooms and bacon for dinner, (t forgetting a slice of chocolate and raspberry tart for dessert), you'll be inspired to enjoy the style and flavours of French cooking wherever you are.
- Author BiographySerge Dansereau is a multi-award winning chef, who is renowned internationally for his professionalism and innovation. This energetic French Canadian's love of food was inherited from his family's enthusiasm for great produce. He trained as a chef in Quebec, moved to Australia and went on to reinvent 5-star hotel dining in the eighties by making Kables restaurant at the Regent Hotel, Sydney, the first hotel restaurant to achieve a 3-hat rating. Serge has been called 'the father of the fresh food movement' because of his passion for using local seasonal produce. Serge is a keen home cook who loves to cook for family friends. He is also the head chef and owner of the beautiful and iconic Bathers' Pavilion Cafe and Restaurant at Balmoral, NSW. He lives in Clontarf Beach, Sydney with his wife, Yvette, and their two children.
- Author(s)Serge Dansereau
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Note160 colour illustrations
- Width200 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.