All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA narratively rich cookbook of French and Californian recipes from longtime Chez Panisse executive chef Jean-Pierre Moulle and his wife, Denise Moulle. Jean-Pierre and Denise Moulle met on a street corner in Berkeley, California, in 1980; six months later they were married. French Roots is the story of their lives told through the food they cook beginning with the dishes of old-world France, the couple s birthplace, and focusing on the simple, pared-down preparations of French food common in the postwar period. The story then travels to the San Francisco Bay Area in the 1970s, where Jean-Pierre was appointed executive chef at Chez Panisse when California cuisine was just emerging as a distinctive and important style, and where Denise began importing French wine. Finally, the journey follows the couple to their homes in Soma, California, and Bordeaux to revisit the classic dishes of the Moulles native country and hone the forgotten skills of foraging, hunting, and preserving. Exquisitely written, with recipes that are invative and timeless, insights on cooking and thinking like a chef, and an insider s guide to the wines of Bordeaux, French Roots is much more than a cookbook it s a guide to living the good life.
- Author BiographyUntil his retirement in April 2012, JEAN-PIERRE MOULLE was the executive chef at Chez Panisse, where he began working in 1975. DENISE MOULLE comes from the Bordeaux wine-making empire of the Lurton family. She worked as a wine distributor in California for many years before starting Two Bordelais in 1987, which offers guided tours through France.
- Author(s)Denise Moulle,Jean-Pierre Moulle
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Content Note60 photos
- Weight1111 g
- Width191 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.