All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionOver the years, methods of classical ballet instruction have been codified into a variety of canical approaches. One of the most commonly taught systems is that of the French school. This thirty-three-week training manual parallels the presentation of basic steps, positions, and alignment that first-year, pre-professional students are taught. It fills a gap in existing instructional literature for teachers and students of the French school of classical ballet. Critical elements of placement and alignment are fully described with proper French termilogy, and more than one hundred photographs illustrate key positions. Organised for ease of use with a syllabus, The French School of Classical Ballet presents poses and sequences in the order in which a ballet instructor would present them in a typical course--starting with the simplest positions and movements and building on them to gradually increase the level of difficulty. Weekly lesson plans, measurable goals, and an easy-to-follow progression make this a must-have instructional manual, as well as a practical tool for the serious student away from class. The French School of Classical Ballet serves as a blueprint for a complete beginning ballet curriculum or simply as a source of reference for certain steps, positions, or exercises that exemplify French ballet training.
- Author BiographyVanina Wilson studied with some of the masters of the Paris Opera Ballet Company and School. After having taught many years in the United States, she now teaches privately in France.
- Author(s)Vanina Wilson
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.