Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to do theory in America? In what ways has French Theory changed American intellectual and artistic life? How different is it from what French intellectuals themselves conceived, and what does all this tell us about American intellectual life? Is French Theory still a significant force in America, raising conceptual questions t easily answered? In this volume of new work--including the French writers Julia Kristeva, Jacques Derrida, Jean Baudrillard, and Gilled Delezue, as well as essays by Sylvere Lotringer and Sande Cohen, Mario Biagoli, Elie During, Chris Kraus, Alison Gingeras, and Kriss Ravetto, among others--French theorists assess the impact and reception of their work in America, and American-based critics account for their effects in different areas of cultural criticism and art over the last thirty years.
- Author BiographySylvere Lotringer is Professor of French and Comparative Literature at Columbia University and editor and publisher of Semiotext(e). Sande Cohen is Professor in the School of Critical Studies at California Institute of the Arts.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited bySande Cohen,Sylvere Lotringer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.