All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Mayle may have spent a year in Provence, but Harriet Welty Rochefort writes from the experience of over twenty years in Paris. From a small town in Iowa to the City of Lights, Harriet did what so many dream of - she picked up her entire life and moved to France - permanently. But it has not been twenty years of fun and games, Harriet has endured her share of cultural bumps, bruises, and psychic adjustments. In French Toast, Harriet makes sense of Parisians and their ever-so-French thoughts on food, money, sex, love, marriage, manners, and much, much more.
- Author BiographyHarriet Welty Rochefort was born in Shenandoah, Iowa. She moved permanently to France in 1971. She is a freelance journalist who has contributed articles to major newspapers and magazine, including Time and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Her column, A Letter from Paris, can be found on-line in the Paris Pages. She has also taught journalism in the English Department of the prestigious Institut d'Etudes Politiques. She, her husband, Phillipe, and their sons live in Paris.
- Author(s)Harriet Welty-Rochefort
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date19/01/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.