French Women for All Seasons: A Year of Secrets, Recipes and Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano (Hardback, 2006)
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.95+ AU $8.25 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by the_discount_specialist
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Who can resist a book that recommends love and chocolate as part of a balanced diet?' asked Allison Pearson in the Daily Telegraph about Guilia's French Women Don't Get Fat , a mould-breaking book that unlocked the secrets of The French Paradox and sold well over a million copies worldwide. By letter, by email, in person, readers have inundated Mireille Guilia with requests for more advice. Her answer: this buoyant new book full of advice, ideas and fresh, French recipes for each season. Elaborating on the wise counsel of her first book, but with many more easy-to-make recipes, anecdotes, tips and a wealth of global experience. Guilia talks us through food and dining, from her childhood in Alsace-Lorraine, rewned for its cuisine, where she learned to cook with her mother and grandmother, to Provence with its richly unusual but healthy dishes, where she expanded her repertoire though t her waistline...and to the present where she cooks and wines and dines for maximum enjoyment, sharing the traditions and secrets she's gathered along the way. In the voice that entranced more than a million horary French women, she demonstrates that equilibrium - being bien dans sa peau - is the key to a long and healthy life. Full of irresistible food, menus, stories and advice on everything from wine to detoxing, from yoghurt to yoga, as well as beauty tips and how to tie a scarf, this is an essential book about how to savour the gastromic and everyday joys of life - in moderation, and above all, with pleasure.
- Author BiographyMireille Guiliano was born and brought up in France. President and CEO of Clicquot, Inc. (LVMH), she is married to an American, and lives most of the year in New York and in Paris. French Women Don't Get Fat has appeared in 35 languages and 42 editions.
- Author(s)Mireille Guiliano
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2006
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChatto & Windus
- Out-of-print date15/10/2012
- Content Noteline drawings
- Weight495 g
- Width143 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.23Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.