All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
About this product
- DescriptionUsing an original mode of presentation, the 'textbite', this book seeks to approach the French vocabulary from as many angles as possible - showing how French words are constructed, the difficulties inherent in defining a word, the relationships words enter into, their origins, and recent trends in word formation. Examples and exercises are provided throughout.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Offord is Reader in French at the University of Nottingham and has published a number of books and articles on the French language. His major publications include Using French: a Guide to Contemporary Usage (CUP) and Using French Synonyms (CUP), both co-authored with R.E. Batchelor, Varieties of Contemporary French (Macmillan), French Sociolinguistic Reader (Multilingual Matters).
- Author(s)Malcolm Offord
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleModern Language in Practice
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 14
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight227 g
- Width170 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.