All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook two in the Fretboard Theory series picks up where the first volume leaves off and takes your guitar playing and musical kwledge to a whole new level. You learn advanced applications and new musical concepts. There is information for rhythm guitarists, lead guitarists, improvisers, and composers. Each chapter focuses on applications found in popular music and includes familiar song references. * Gain new perspective on keys and tonalities so that you have total control over the music you play * Get to kw scale formulas and new number systems so you kw music from the inside out * Push to and resolve on chords using dominant function and voice leading * Change keys, borrow chords, and mix modes in order to add more variety to your chord progressions * Get jazzy by using chromatic, diminished, and augmented passing chords * Become a more proficient lead guitarist by narrowing your focus to the scale patterns preferred by the pros * Make your lead lines more melodic and give them more direction with chord tone soloing * Create new sounds and new chord progressions with the harmonic mir scale * Add more depth and dimension to your playing by using pedal point and pedal tones VideoFretboard Theory Volume II is also available as a 12-hour video series that is sold separately on the author's GuitarMusicTheory.com website. Visit the website and sign up for email lessons to sample the footage. Level: Recommended for intermediate level players on up who have already completed the first volume of Fretboard Theory.
- Author BiographyHailed as a music-theory expert by Rolling Stone magazine, guitarist Desi Serna is the author of the very popular Fretboard Theory line of guitar instructional material as well as Guitar Theory For Dummies and Guitar Rhythm and Technique For Dummies. He is known for his practical, hands-on approach to music teaching, with a focus on the guitar fretboard and emphasis on popular songs. Desi honed his craft through decades of teaching, performing, and publishing. He's online everyday managing his GuitarMusicTheory.com website and messaging with his customers. Originally from Toledo, Ohio, Desi and his family live near Nashville, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Desi Serna
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byThomas Evdokimoff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.