All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionOctave Manni worked in France, Madagascar, and Africa throughout the twentieth century to develop Lacanian psychoanalytic methods in the feld of ethlogy. He is best kwn for his research on the psychic affects of colonization: domination of a mass by a mirity, ecomic exploitation, paternalism, and racialism. Positioning his perspectives within the Freudian framework, Manni's book Freud: The Theory of the Unconscious is a well-crafted and concise introduction to the Austrian neurologist's life, work, and theories. The major part of this book consists of an intellectual biography of Freud that traces the various crucial Freudian concepts key to understanding his work. Along with an introduction, the book also provides a critical account of the various shortcomings in Freud's work.
- Author BiographyOctave Mannoni was a leading thinker of France's psychoanalytic tradition surrounding Jacques Lacan. In France he undertook analysis with Lacan and became initiated into clinical practice alongside his wife Maud Mannoni.
- Author(s)Octave Mannoni
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRadical Thinkers
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight367 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.