Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early 1970s, Cioffi demonstrated that Freud falsified the account of his discovery of the Oedipus complex - an account that had gone unquestioned until that time. Moreover, Cioffi showed that this misrepresentation was necessary to the propagation of the Oedipus theory. The author subsequently revealed Freud's falsifications in retracting his theory of infantile seduction, a revelation that has been often cited in recent books and scholarly journals. As a result, the scientific legitimacy of psychoanalysis has been highly contested in recent years - with a growing wave of critics insisting that psychoanalytic research must meet adequate standards of cogency and candour if psychoanalysis is to claim to be more than a pseudoscience. In Freud and the Question of Pseudoscience , Cioffi presents nine essays that highlight the ongoing controversy and add insight into current debates.
- Author(s)Frank Cioffi
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/01/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.