All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors succeed in putting Freud's models of the mind into a historical and developmental framework and show the complexity of his thinking on the relationship between the conscious and unconscious mind.
- Author BiographyChristopher Dare received his psychoanalytic training in London, and for twenty years combined private practice in psychoanalysis with a Consultant post in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Bethlem and Maudsley Hospitals, London. He also holds an academic position at the Institute of Psychiatry, University of London, developing research into psychotherapy. Anna Ursula Dreher trained as a psychoanalyst in the German Psychoanalytic Association. After working at the Social Psychological Research Centre of the University of Saarbrucken, she spent six years at the Sigmund Freud Institute, Frankfurt, and was involved in research on psychoanalytic concepts. She is now in private practice in Frankfurt, and lectures in psychoanalysis and psychology at the universities of Hanover and Giessen. Alex Holder trained in London at the Anna Freud Center and the British Psychoanalytical Society. He is a member of the German Psychoanalytical Association and heads the Department for Analytic Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy at the Michael Balint Institute in Hamburg. He is also the Editor of the 'Bulletin of the European Psychoanalytical Federation'. Joseph Sandler qualified as a psychoanalyst in the British Psychoanalytical Society. He was the Freud Memorial Professor of Psychoanalysis in the University of London and Director of the Psychoanalysis Unit at University College London, and in private practice in London. He was formerly the first Sigmund Freud Professor of Psychoanalysis at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Editor of the 'International Journal of Psychoanalysis' and the 'International Review of Psychoanalysis', and was President of the International Psychoanalytical Association.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Psychoanalytic Monograph Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlex Holder,Anna Ursula Dreher,Christopher Dare,Joseph Sandler
- Foreword byRobert S. Wallerstein
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.