All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Paris in 1893, the wandering life of Freya Stark's childhood left her 'precocious and pretty tough'. Self-disciplined, courageous yet flamboyant and urthodox, she became a great explorer, a travel writer, geographer, historian and archaeologist. Freya Stark remained fearlessly independent throughout her life. Despite her high regard for tradition and Empire, as an explorer, she was unconventional- always travelling alone, without money or support. Travel remained her greatest love and her solace throughout constant struggles with ill health, failed marriage and loneliness.
- Author BiographyCaroline Moorehead is the biographer of Bertrand Russell, Freya Stark (reissued by Allison & Busby) and Martha Gellhorn. Her biography of Lucie de la Tour du Pin, Dancing to the Precipice, was shortlisted for the Costa Biography Award in 2009. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Caroline Moorehead
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.